Sunday, January 16, 2005

Frozen Tundra of Portland

It was cold yesterday. The whole town iced over and I was stuck inside for most of the day. I actually did my homework. When the cabin fever got too strong I finally went to the video store and grocery store. It was slicker than snot on a brass door knob and colder than a witch's tittie in a brass bra face down in the snow. I fell repeatedly. Falling on frozen ground is no softer than falling on frozen cement and stairs are the worst.
Let me preface this next paragraph with the fact that I like organic food, generally better than it's non organic alternative. The problem I have is with processed organic foods. Salt is not a pesticide, herbicide, genetically modified, or a hormone. Use it. Our whole sense of taste is based around salt and fat. Use those ingredients. You don't have to over do it like canned menudo but you do have to use them.
I bought some organic minestrone soup b/c I thought, "What's better on a cold day than grilled cheese sandwiches and minestrone soup?" I walked over to the Wild Oats from the video store and all they had was organic minestrone soup. I thought it would be nice so I bought a can. It was the blandest minestrone soup I've ever had. I'm tempted to go dig the can out of the recycling so I can name the brand specifically and rail on it. Nasty. I should have just bought the stuff to make minestrone soup.
So school starts tomorrow. I still need to get one textbook and read for two classes. Well see what happens with that because tonight is Iron Chef!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home