Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Tuesday Morning

I woke up early and for some reason I've listened to Kraftwerk's Das Model ten times (make that eleven). Morning messes up my constitution.
If anyone saw John Stewart on 60 Minutes could you email me with the scoop, I don't have a TV. I downloaded the Crossfire appearance and thought it was hilarious. I'm starting the "I'm not your monkey" Army.
I have a big man crush on Eliot Spitzer. I think he's the greatest thing since the muckrackers. Down Hill Battle has one more reason to love the man.
Have you heard about the new Prince video? There is some outcry, a few people called it racist. The Arab Anti Defamation League said it was thoughtful. Michelle Malkin (Why does anyone listen to her? Has she ever contributed anything of value to a discussion? Who are these idiots who publish her uninformed thoughtless quotes?) had a typically vapid hate spewing response. You can download it off of Launch, not her stupid quote but the video. I thought it was tasteful, thoughtful and artistic. At the very least it should make you think about the alienation and isolation that can be caused by thoughtless comments that generalize about a diverse group.
And this is scary. Ex-detainees are returning to terror according to yahoo news. To me, and I usually come up with the totally wrong answer b/c I seem incapable of using or understanding Ashcroft Logic(TM), this strengthens the case for some kind of judicial process. If we try and convict the guilty ones we won't be releasing them back. If we can't tell the guilty ones from the innocent ones our law enforcement process will improve itself to distinguish between the two and become more efficient at catching the guilty ones. If we need crazy stuff like evidence to put people in jail for years it might force law enforcement to establish methods of collecting and processing such evidence. This is where I get totally far out. If we have people doing this work, they might be able to anticipate future terrorist attacks. As far as I'm concerned locking people without representation or any due process for years and then letting them go willy nilly b/c we can't tell who's guilty and who isn't is not an acceptable way to combat the war on terror(brought to you by Halliburton, makers of the Iraqi quagmire presidential playset).
I'm going to go drink my coffee now and maybe play some bejeweled. I've got a paper I haven't started on due at 2pm, wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home