Friday, October 08, 2004

La Vida

This semester has been crazy, too much, too often. One of the things that is bouncing around on my radar is H.R. 10. Go check it out, especially sections 3005-10. I think these sections are scary, especially in light of the Chandler debacle in '97 and last summer's paranoia around raids. We don't need to reduce due process on deportations and we don't need to discourage people in the U.S. from getting state IDs and using federally insured banks. If you want to eliminate the mystery of underworld banking you should let people enter the mainstream fold. This stuff is obvious.
I got my first rejection letter, it was expected. I'm not the best student or the worst, but I'm definitely not big firm material. I talked to some other people at school and they're in the same boat. I heard about an end of the year party at another law school where you could exchange rejection letters for drinks. I think at the next SBA meeting I'll suggest that.
I can't make the 1Ls at my school believe it but any other law students out there, I promise you that if you're in law school then you're smart enough to be there. Do it your own way and you'll pass.
I bought some CDs recently, the one I'm most excited about is the Eagles of Death Metal CD I got today. These guys fucking rock. It's beautiful music based in the garage with a touch of Rolling Stones and occasional Mungo Jerry influence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home