Saturday, September 18, 2004

New Shower Curtains

I bought some new shower curtains at the grocery store yesterday. My goal was to finish my homework and read some articles on prior restraint and then clean my bathroom. The shower curtains were to motivate me. My current shower curtain is dying. It holds on to the shower rod with a failing white knuckled grip of about 3 shower rings. Before I would put a new one up I would have to clean the tub and the rest of the bathroom. If I didn't it'd be like putting on dirty underwear after taking a shower. I still haven't got around to it. I have done most of my homework though.
While I was contemplating how much busier I am this year than last I came up with an idea for a new class. Application of Legal Theory to Life Obligations. Basically we'd sign up for the class and earn 3 hours. The class would take place at the laundromat and the grocery store so I would have a chance to actually get that stuff done. I wouldn't mind paying the $6,000 or whatever to do chores. I have to do them anyway. Why not weasel some theory into them. We could talk about slip and fall claims and tort reform and it's effect on small businesses like the laundromat or something. Let an adjunct teach it, I don't care. Maybe we could make it a clinic, we can review the leases on the washing machines and whatever other contracts they have. Same thing for the grocery store. We could do Commerce Clause stuff in light of interstate produce shipments. I'd get my laundry done, have some food in my fridge, and get a couple extra hours of credit. The school would get $6,000 more dollars and some professor could teach a fluff class. It's win/win.
I also want to complain about the weather. I am entitled to another month of decent weather. This rain is crap. The Portland winter isn't supposed to start until the middle of October. In exchange I don't whine about the weather until the middle of June. It's cold, windy, and rainy and I'm not going to stop bitchin' until I get my sun. If Texas wasn't so ass backwards I'd move back right now.
Last, Elena Mary is right that those high heeled shoes suck. I admit that no one should have to wear them. Basically when I say I find them sexy I know it's about the same as giving a big thumbs up to Chinese foot binding. I understand all this on an analytical level. Unfortunately the analytical level of my mind is not controlling on this issue. The "monkey, drooling, pork rind eating" level of my mind controls on this issue and it likes the damn high heeled shoes. It also has a strange predilection for women wearing Superman underoos. I regret this, but I cannot control it and everyone has this section of their brain. I don't blame anyone for reading romance novels or watching Springer. Live and let live, that's what I say(actually I don't. I'm kind of a dictatorial bastard, but in this one instance I'm saying it).

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

Mi Antonio,
You've won me back. Additionally, I really like the spiderman underwear. Boy cuts. Spiderman. Emmm, make me feel sexy. Yeah...

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home