Monday, October 11, 2004

Dirtbombs, general music

I think this is the second time I've posted about the Dirtbombs. I'm too lazy to go looking back through my archives. If I did talk about them before it was probably full of praise and worship for Mick Collins. I went and saw them last night and they were amazing. However I'm first going to talk about the openers.
Starlite Depression and the Ponys opened. The Ponys' lead singer was wearing a plaid thong. It was sticking out of his dickies. The Starlite Depression's lead singer had coordination and body control reminiscent of Phillip Niemeyer. Both bands were great and I'll go see them again.
Now onto the important stuff. Mick Collins has ascended, so far as I'm concerned, into the stratosphere of rockers inhabited by Teengenerate, Thee Michelle Gun Elephant, Bo Diddley, The Sonics, and the Ramones. This is the mother's milk that we need to be weaning the next generation on. The guy is so good that he needs two bassists and two drummers. He's really fucking amazing. This show revitalized me after what's been a busy and tiring 2nd year. So when you go to the record store to by the Eagles of Death Metal CD you should also pick up any Dirtbombs, Screws, and Gories you don't have already.
By the way I've been listening to Eagles of Death Metal a lot since I got it. I now think it sounds more like The Darkness meets Queens of the Stone Age and the Strokes hanging out in the pool room while the Rolling Stones play on the jukebox and someone hums Mungo Jerry. Queens of the Stone Age walks into a bar with Mungo Jerry under it's arm and the Rolling Stones ask "Where you get that?" and Mungo Jerry says "I won it at the fair." Okay that was lame.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

Pocho, I am going to email you i need help (not just mental).

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home