Wednesday, January 17, 2007

One of the many treasures I brought back from El Paso was the exclusive Chico's Tacos Coffee Mug. It's so beautiful I even photographed it. I feel one is obligated to shine joy into the darkness of other people's lives whenever possible. That is why I am sharing this picture of my Chico's Tacos Coffee Mug with you.

I was totally thrilled to get my coffee cup home and pour some fine Stumptown coffee into it. When I unwrapped my mug I found a warning label on the bottom of it.
Apparently the lively colored paint, meant to bring the festivity of enjoying the El Paso tradition straight to your coffee, is lead based and has some other chemicals in it. There was a list of health issues that the paint could cause. Small stuff like birth defects, neurological disorders, testicular cancer, a large goiter, impotency, and so on. I thought, "Shit, all that can happen to you just from drinking the tap water in El Paso."
After a little thought I decided that I should use my mug as a pen holder in my office. The mug is like the double order of tacos. It's something that should be enjoyed sparingly, maybe just around Christmas Time or every other year. If you ate them everyday I can't imagine what would happen to you. You'd probably look like Fat Cousin Memo, and just like testicular cancer, nobody wants that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lead based paint in coffee mugs now! Nice. I thought the toddler toys was bad. So many options for slowly lowering your IQ.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home