Thursday, December 28, 2006

I had consumed a double order of Chico’s Tacos within 30 minutes of landing in El Paso. Since then I’ve had a few more orders of Chico’s, chile verde, tamales, barbacoa, tamales, huevos con chorizo, tamales, chile con queso, tacos, tortas, and tamales. Tomorrow I’m going to get my ass to Hamburger Inn to get some menudo and one last order of Chico’s before I get back on the plane to go to Portland.
I don’t know where the tamales keep coming from. After I ate my first order of Chico’s and unpacked there was a bag of tamales in the kitchen. Since then tamales have appeared in containers varying from brown paper sacks and Bud Light half rack boxes to fancy Rubber Maid containers. I think I’ve eaten over 100 tamales since last Wednesday. I’m not exaggerating, at least 100.
I figure I’ll eat a few more tamales on the plane home b/c I can’t take Chico’s on the plane with me. The juice they’re served in is over the 3 oz limit and won’t make it through security. They probably are semi hazardous. Maybe I’ll take some Chico’s juice and have the guy’s swab with the chemical detectors. I bet they set it off.
I have been eating since I got here but haven’t been hungry since that first order of Chico’s. When I get home I plan on eating a vegetable of some sort, maybe celery. The closest thing to a vegetable I’ve had is the masa around the meat in the tamale. I can feel my heart struggling to beat under weight of all the tamales.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get to Texas next spring, I am going to seek out Chico's. It sounds like my kind of place.

Toxic juice, mmmm.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home