Monday, December 18, 2006

I was researching an issue I don’t know very much about when I came upon a website explaining the basics of succession, who gets what first, under Oregon law. As a sub-header there was a section titled “Oregon Intestate Succession Fun Facts”. Just the idea that there is anything fun about intestate succession made me laugh. “Woohoo, people dying and their family is fighting over the scraps! What fun we’re having!”

The fun facts included killing the decedent gets you kicked out of the will and unborn children still count as born children. But my favorite fun fact was “Relatives of the half blood inherit the same share they would inherit if they were of the whole blood.” Man, you lucky half blood relatives, you still get a full share even with your diminished mongrel half blood. So go give your relative by half blood a full hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home