Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So, I’ve been having a little bit of car trouble. The starter was going out. At first I thought I could just let it slide until I got back to Portland. Then on Sunday it wouldn’t start on me. I got it running and thought I would “just park on a hill” until I could get my starter fixed.
There was only one problem with my plan. New Orleans is built on one of those alluvial fans. There aren’t any hills. You could go nuts with a can of WD-40 but you’ll never lube the axles on your Big Wheel enough to actually coast. So I had to get my starter fixed. The cost set back was not budgeted for and may require a premature return to Portland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

That sucks, man. I hope that you'll be able to have a full stay in NewO.

8:22 PM  
Blogger zack said...

Okay, time for some new posts. You were on a roll there for a while.

By the way, your cat is the suck.

So, tell us about NOLA stuff, like the food. Can you get beans and rice off a cart? Is there home-cooked dishes with plenny o' shrimpses?

Z

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home