Saturday, August 26, 2006

I went out last night to try Sazerac. It’s a local drink made with Pernod and rye whiskey. It’s a traditional classic New Orleans drink invented back in the 1880’s by some guy at some hotel. If you’re really that curious google it.
Anyway I had to go to a bar in the quarter to get it. I went to the Carousel Bar on Royal. Do you want to know why it’s called the Carousel Bar? I’m going to tell you anyway.
The bar rotates. I didn’t take a picture b/c it’s a classy place. The bar is circular with the bartenders in the middle serving up drinks. The stools are on a conveyor that rotates around the bartenders.
I only had one Sazerac, and it was pretty refreshing, because the rotating motion was making me kind of car sick. I imagine if I drink four or five whiskeys there and then tried to get up I’d either vomit or fall over. It really doesn’t seem like the best gimmick in the world. It doesn’t even compare to the dollar beers you can get on the street.
It also made me feel kind of like sushi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home