Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Great Weekend

I had a wonderful time this weekend. I went and saw the Epoxies play on Saturday. The show was great, Telephone was awesome, and all my favorite Portland crushes were there. There was a little adjustment but they now go:
1. Roxy Epoxie, I no longer want to be Joan Jett's roadie of love, I want to be Roxy's roadie of love.
2. The bassist from Telephone. Her hair is really rad.
3. The Cure Girl, I pointed her out to my friends. I said, "That's the girl I call 'Cure Girl' that I have a crush on." They said "The one that looks like Robert Smith?" I said "Jesus, I never noticed that, I just called her Cure Girl at Random." Cure Girl has slipped to Number three b/c of the complete and total radness of the bassist from Telephone.
4. The Mortician, who I have not had the good fortune to bump into again. Portland's a small town, I don't know what the fuck is up with that.
5. The Barista. There are actually a couple of Baristas and I thought one of them was vegan but I found out she wasn't and so she was going to be ranked as the only barista. Then I tried to talk to her and that was just a bad idea and so at this point it's just The Barista encompassing all the cute Baristas in Portland.

So besides obsessing on cute girls I see around town I need to get my ass in gear and get a job. I also started reading a book. It was fiction. It is so cool. I could read three of these a week. I'm reading Death of a River Guide right now. It's by Richard Flanagan. He wrote Gould's Book of Fish, which I think is genius.

I've started to worry a little about finals. Worst case scenario, the prof I wrote the paper for calls me and says I ruined her summer and she wants to see me in her office. The weird thing is I was talking to my old man and he wanted to know how I thought I had done. I told him that I had never taken a class by these profs before so I had no idea of how to evaluate how I did. That's really great that you can pay $26K and have no clue how you've done in your classes b/c the grading is so random. Law profs will say it's not random. The problem is they compare what they do to other law profs and the process for picking law profs picks people that are so far out the mainstream that it's hard to figure if there is any objective grading going on.

I also want to point out that there is no such thing as a German pocket constitution. This sounds random but it's packed with meaning to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

Good thing you're crush with Joan Jett is over, now she can be all mine. I love her, I want her babies. Yes she will be mine.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

I think I've seen those women's sisters here, in Seattle.

And Gould's Book of Fish rocks. I love that book.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home