Thursday, May 19, 2005

Anxiety and mistrust

Basically, I just don't want to get hurt again. I know what's going to happen though. I'm going to breakdown and go to Regal and give them eight bucks to see Revenge of the Sith.
I know it's going to suck, the reviewers are all lying and I'll tell you why. They're all saying it's good b/c they don't want to get that dirty used feeling we all had after Attack of the Clones. The reviewers are enablers for an abusive George who sweet talks us at the latest convention and treats us like trash at the box office. "I'm really sorry about that last one, but the next movie will be better don't worry. I promise."
We end up back in the theater watching the future Darth Vader whine like he needs a restraining order every time Padme comes up. A comment on that, it's great to see where Luke's whining comes from. "But I was going to Tosche station to pick up some power coverters." It runs in the family of the most powerful Jedi in the universe. Great. It wasn't as whiny when Luke did it, maybe b/c Luke was likable once he saved the princess and blew up the Death Star. Anakin's report from crybaby land makes me imagine Anakin calling and hanging up on Padme in the middle of the night. He does it over and over again until Padme gets a protective order. That's why Attack sucks, I imagine Darth Vader getting served with a restraining order. Lucas failed to make Darth Vader credible if I'm thinking of a restraining order as a reasonable solution to the Dark Lord of Sith.
Throwing a bunch of screaming Wookies and Yoda in a lightsaber fight doesn't make up for the last crappy movie either. Adding that stuff is like picking up flowers from Safeway on the way home from drinking at the bar. It doesn't cut it.
I'm pretty angry about this and like my friend Mr. N. says, I've got abandonment issues with George Lucas. Well I'm going to see the movie, but not the first day and even if I end up liking it, which I'm pretty sure I won't, I'm still mad. Up yours George.

1 Comments:

Blogger under the red sky said...

"...dirty used feeling we all had after Attack of the Clones."


I felt the same way! I am going to give it a week before I watch it.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home