Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Link Clearing House

Alright, Scalia has dropped down to a 5.1 rating on hot or not. That's only hotter than 45% of the men on Hot or Not.
I'm a fan of Crispin Hellion Glover. He's got a trailer up for his new movie on his site. Let's just call it artistic and hope we don't get nightmares. If anyone is lucky enough to see it at Sundance you have to let me know what it's like.
These guys beat me to cool John Stewart T-shirts. Whenever I get off my ass and learn photoshop I'm sure mine will be better. Check out the Arcade Fire links while your there.
I found out today that one of the things that law librarians, god bless them, look forward to every year is tax protestors. They say every spring a pack of them show up at the library and want to find "that one Supreme Court case that says we ain't got to pay no taxes because pay for work isn't wages". We should make a festival of this or something to honor our reference librarians. I think we should go to our local law libraries with gifts of baked goods, cafe mochas and tax forms and sing "Beer for Breakfast" by The Replacements to the reference librarians. If anyone has better ideas I'd like to know them. Maybe we could bring magnetic poetry that consists mostly of Boolean search terms.
I've been thinking about the way the media uses the terms "This president" and "Al Queda official" lately. The "This president" term really bothers me. It implies a lot that I don't think is legitimate. I don't know a whole lot of Wittgenstein but does this seem like a loaded term to anyone else. To me it implies that he's somehow unique among presidents, possibly in his obligations to abide by law or tell the truth. It seems to me to try and put his decision making and motivation beyond question. "Al Queda official" bothers me because I think it implies Al Queda has more structure than it actually does. This is akin to Bush's claim that we have 90%, or whatever number he used, of Al Queda's leadership in custody. How do you determine what an Al Queda official is, what the size of the Al Queda leadership is, and which terrorist cells fall under the Al Queda umbrella? I don't think these questions have very clear answers and statements like "Al Queda official" is sloppy.
Last here's the artwork for my new tattoo. I'll obviously be cleaned up more. It's going to be a chest piece.

4 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

that is a beautiful tattoo

5:14 AM  
Blogger Rodney Perkins said...

How did I end up here?

In any case, I used to have a rough cut bootleg of Crispin Glover's film. Its best described as being brazenly and spectacularly offensive. This one will make even the most jaded dilletantes and hipsters will even wince.

I would pay money just to watch an audience watch this film.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Azu said...

Is that the artwork, or is that the artwork plus a diagram of where it is going to go (shoulder, chest, and sleeves)? Either way, it's pretty cool. I think you should post your tattoo artist's name to give him props on the site. If he is the same guy that did your name in Mayan glyphs up your arm, he's awesome!

4:53 PM  
Blogger La Madre said...

Pocho Abogado, I think both La Cindy y Yo, have crushes on you, yeah, aww.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home