Wednesday, July 07, 2004

In my current life

I noticed this week that the toilet stalls at work have cup holders by the toilet paper rolls. This creeps me out. There is a separate handicap bathroom, so the cup holders aren't for one armed people who need a place to put their coffee while they wipe. This possiblity would never have occurred to me with out the fabulous insight of my roommate.
I ate too much carne asada this weekend. I got the juevas real bad after grilling on the fourth. I didn't do jack, except hang out on the couch.
I found out about music blogs just five minutes ago, if you know of any that specialize in punk, garage rock, broke down blues, no wave, or are just all around cool let me know. When I get a chance to comb through some I'll post my favorites.
I finished reading Hamdi and Rasul. It took me long enough, but it's clearly a package deal and I do think they're giving the administration a chance to not look like idiots. They basically get a do-over with Padilla.
There was an article that said most over the counter cough remedies don't work. I already knew that, but I'll tell you what does work, hot toddys. Squeeze a lemon into a cup, add a tablespoon of honey, about 3 ounces of bourbon, and hot water. Bourbon was the number one prescribed cold remedy in the U.S. for about 13 years. Just because those thirteen years happened to be in the middle of the prohibition doesn't mean it doesn't work. Bourbon works at least as well as over the counter stuff.
I saw Fahrenheit 9/11. It used less of the guerilla interviewing his last movie did and was therefore less predictable. The time he did use it with the Congressmen it was still actually effective. Here's a website that supposedly categorizes and lists the "Lies" in the movie. I've glanced at it so far and it looks like it's about as accurate as Moore's movie. I'd say the movie is good for what it is, a polemic. There's nothing wrong with that. Just remember, there is a lot of interesting information, some of it is open to differing interpretations, some of it is wrong, and some of it, although factual, is strung together to support a point that isn't necessarily true. I think the key point to take away from this movie is that there is currently no good media about the war, and most other things. We need to be more critical of every information source. Just because we agree with it doesn't mean it's true.
I saw the Teenage Harlets and the Copper Tones on Saturday. They play a decent show, I'd say go see them. I also got tickets to the Reigning Sound show. I'm pretty excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home