Sunday, June 27, 2004

State Quarters

I think I mentioned this before, but a couple of years ago my grandmother gave me a quarter map of the U.S. Every State has a little slot to stick that state's quarter in. I unfortunately started sticking quarters in the damn thing and now I have to finish it. That means I have to haul this thing around until at least 2008.
Anyway I finally got Florida. It's an ugly quarter, but what would one really expect. After inserting Florida I checked the legend and found out Texas was next.
This is exciting. My roommate and I thought that instead of designing a quarter for Texas they should just enlarge a regular one. About the size of a can of skoal would be sufficient, then you'd have some place to put your laundry money. I sent emails to the President and to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, but they didn't email me back. Now that it's almost out I'll content my self to it being regular size, but I still might cut the hole in my state quarter map bigger, just on principle.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

jajajajajjajajajaja

5:44 PM  
Blogger zack said...

What are you talking about Mr. Aboogado? Are you high? Of course the Texas Quarter will be bigger than the rest. That is the single most informative thing they can do to that quarter when they get to it.

After 2005, all American vending machines will have four slots: nickel, dime, quarter, Texas quarter.

I expect it will be about 2.5 inches in diameter. About the cross-section of a Lone-Star Beer can.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Yawn said...

Just slipped in from Yonderliesit... Bigger is better for the Texas quarter. OK, too much beer...better go before I say something too stupid.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home