Monday, August 29, 2005

First Day of School

I go back to school tomorrow. I can't say I'm overly thrilled about it but I can't say I'm not excited. I've got homework assignments. I was half tempted to email Prof. Fed Cts and tell her she was "harshin' my mellow" when I got her assignment two weeks ago.
I've got to write a paper this semester. No really. I've really got to write this damn paper. You know me and papers. It should be a mighty struggle.
I was dinking around with my phone today and I learned the T9word texting deal. I could get the word ennui up. I'm gonna try intentionality later. Imagine the existential text messages I could send if this all works out. Then think of what these messages mean in the context of a Wittgenstein analysis. We all know the word "broom", but when texted out in T9 how do we know that we meant the object used to sweep floors that's over there in the corner? The corner, let alone the object is not apparent to the text message receiver. Woah. This is a waste of time worthy of a philosophical discussion.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

Ahh text messages. You know I was averaging about 2,000 text messages a month up until last month than I switched providers and I decided I didn't want to pay the extra fee. I love the predictive text options.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lot's of luck in the new year.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home