Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina stuff

When I heard that a looter had shot a New Orleans police officer my first comment was, "Why didn't the cop find his own stuff to loot." My friend didn't think it was nice and I told him he hadn't been to New Orleans. I saw this in the paper today.
Another friend was wondering what they did with everyone in the jails and prisons. I was wondering too, but then I found this. I think if I were a jail inmate I would rather stay as far away from Hunstville as possible.
I know there are a million places to donate money for hurricane relief but if you don't know who you should give your money too let me recommend Mercy Corps. They are from Portland and have a great record of providing aid efficiently and effectively.
One last thing, the NCLR sent out an email about the Honduran Community in Louisiana. Here's the press release and there are groups who will use your money to help displaced agricultural workers and the Latino community that was affected by Katrina.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only that, but check this out:

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/crimprof_blog/2005/09/timespicayune_c.html

-Amanda

10:16 AM  
Blogger La Madre said...

i think you will really like this go listen to Kanye's newly produced song George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People (you have to scroll to the bottom fo the page)

5:16 AM  
Blogger La Madre said...

opps link is not that one it is this one http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6669.php

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home