Wednesday, August 17, 2005

File under...

Bad Ideas
I came across this via Fark. The first thought that enters my mind when I look at it is "Tortious!" Some kid is going to lose an eye. In the spirit of "you'll put your eye out" I pass it along.

Am I the Only One Who's Paying Attention?
This article in the New York Times discusses the MegaBrews difficulty in selling their product. Throughout the article they discuss packaging and marketing but never discuss flavor or quality. WTF! Am I the only one who realizes that it's hard to sell a bottle of crap when people want flavor? Doesn't the restaurateur’s comment sum it up? Bud sucks, regardless of the bottle. (I'm pretty sure I misspelled restaurateur)

Schizophrenic Howls That Deserve More Attention
Rudimentary Peni was one of the most interesting punk bands ever. They were on the same label as Conflict and Crass but much more creative and much less obviously political. I think that hurt them... That or the plain old being insane. The Disassembly Line has a nice post on them with lots of good downloads. If you don't have Cacophony I highly recommend buying it. It's an incredibly textured record that influenced punk, goth, industrial, electronica, and metal.

9 Miles to the Gallon and Two Troops a Day
This scares me. I might have mentioned this before but I've got two cousins and a good friend in Iraq right now. We have a duty to pay attention to every piece of news about Iraq as long as anyone's friend or family have the duty to serve in Iraq. There are families that are losing their son, daughter, father, mother, husband, or wife. We have no right to be fatigued. This article describes the most despicable aspect of the American people at this current point in history. I might only be saying that b/c I don't have a bike date with Lance Armstrong and don't lead a balanced life.

I Can't Believe It's Not Manteca
This article makes me happy. I might be able to buy proper tortillas again. I might be able to eat proper beans again. I might just get to eat proper outside of El Paso again. The Pope also asked that people hang more crucifixes in public buildings. Normally I'm against government having a religious display, but I have to admit this would make me more comfortable. If the DMV would only have pictures of saints being horrifically martyred I would feel like I'm at my abuelita's house.

Sing Me a Lullaby
I wonder if this is why I can drift to sleep better when a woman is singing than when a man is singing. I always assumed that it was b/c my mom always sang me lullabies when I was little. Maybe it's b/c I just record woman voices as harmony and don't strain to understand them as much. The not understanding woman's voices theory would make a lot of sense in other areas of my life as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

"If the DMV would only have pictures of saints being horrifically martyred I would feel like I'm at my abuelita's house."

I am still laughing.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home