Sunday, April 24, 2005

Adult behavior followed by a temper tantrum

I wanted to address Daily Texican's comments in my post real quick b/c they're good questions. I hadn't thought about the term "Negro" b/c I don't know if there is a term similar to African American in Spanish and I'm not sure how relevant the term "African American" is except in explaining a cultural component of the U.S. culture. The term I was thinking about was "negrito" b/c it may be evocative of the term "boy". Latino's aren't part of the era where "boy" was used but I think it should be something we are sensitive too. There was also a great article in the Times about how Latinos and Blacks have joined together in LA to exercise their political might. My problem with "chino" was covered pretty well by CindyLu.

It's that time of the year when I have to hit the grocery store to stock up for finals. I don't want to have to go to the grocery store at all for 3 weeks. I also don't want to have to put in a lot of effort cooking. This means my cart will have a lot of ramen, stuff to make a big ass pot of beans, a big thing of enchiladas, a big thing of chile verde, a bunch of microwavable food, and totino's frozen pizza(They're toxic but tasty!). I also need stuff I can snack on. That means a lot of granola, dried mangos and papaya, chips and salsa, and chorizo and eggs. Does anyone recommend anything that tastes good, won't make me feel like I ate at McDonalds, and can be cooked in 5 minutes or less?

Last, I'd like to rant for a second. The muthafucka who stole the microfiche tapes for the Oregon House Committee Meeting Minutes from 1977 I hope you get syphilis and die. You bastard. Your children's eyes will be too closely set. Now I have to go to the courthouse library which is totally sketchy b/c the methheads wander around looking for people's stuff to steal. Why didn't you just pay the fucking ten cents a copy for the crap you need and put it in a 3 ring binder and save it. You can obviously afford it b/c you must have a fucking microfiche reader or the tapes would be no use to you. You deserve the West Nile Virus, you son of a bitch. If I ever catch you stealing those tapes in the library, and I know it's got to be an attorney b/c who else would want those and have a microfiche reader, I will report you to the bar and write a letter to every professional organization you belong to and make sure they know that you are a no good stupid thief. If you stole it to make another attorney's job harder then you are a sad sack of dumb shit b/c if that's what you need to win your case it won't be very long before you go down. Your mother never really loved you!
And to the bastards who mix up the Oregon Laws with the Senate and House Journals, read the fucking spine. How hard is it? The name is in big letters, just put them on the right shelf, preferably where they go by date. I hope you people get really bad hangnails in your big toe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daily Texican said...

I read that article as well. Very good.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: foods that cook in less than 5 minutes - Ashoka brand Indian food - it's good (if you like Indian), it's relatively cheap ($1.50 per box), and quick - 10 minutes if you boil in the bag, or 2 minutes if you microwave. Put it with a littl rice, it's good eats.

Buen suerte with exams. I've gotta go stock up on groceries this weekend.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home