Sunday, May 30, 2004

I got a job...

sort of. I'm waiting for some paperwork to go through, but hopefully I can start work on Tuesday. I'll be working with agricultural workers. It should be interesting. Most labor laws and standards don't apply to ag workers so the law is kind of unique, but it's also frustrating. The basic rights we expect, such as minimum wage, just don't apply so there is a lot of room for outrage. I'll also get to work on my Spanish and maybe diminish my pochismo a notch or two.
In other news, some of my best friends had a kid. I'm going to teach it a bunch of Irish drinking songs. Instead of knowing Mary Had a Little Lamb he'll know Sick Bed of Cuchulainn and Finnegan's Wake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a mirish (mexican irish) i think you should teach the kid some irish drinking songs, but make sure that when the toasts, it is 'salud'.
-elenamary

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home