Friday, March 26, 2004

Tomahawk BBQ

I heard about the Tomahawk BBQ from Nardwuar the Human Serviette. Because I’m a goof I had to go and see it for myself. I asked the guy at the hostel for directions to Phillip Street in North Van (that’s what the locals call it, aren’t I hip).
“What are you looking for in North Van” the guy asks
I nonchalantly reply “The Tomahawk.”
Cheers erupt from the lobby, the guy looks at me with awe and asks “How do you know about the Tomahawk?”
“It’s my job to know”, I spit from beneath my black stetson.
Anyway we got directions and were on our way, but not before the guy could warn us, “Get the Chief Skookum burger, or Yukon breakfast. You’ll get meat drunk.”
Meat drunk sounded really cool to me, eating so much meat that I’d be out of my head.
I got the Yukon breakfast.

It had four pieces of Canadian bacon. I think American strips are a little better for dipping in egg, but Canadian discs are better for piling an egg and some hash browns on and feeling your arteries harden. The breakfast was awesome, I didn’t have time to get the Chief Skokum burger, but next time I will..
The people at Tomahawk were great. They gave us free microwave popcorn on the cob and headdresses like the crowns you get at burger king. I highly recommend it and wouldn’t consider any trip to Vancouver complete without a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home