Thursday, December 13, 2007

Overheard in open court.

Attorney: How many times have you been convicted of a felony?

Respondent: About ten or so.

Attorney: What were those convictions for?

Respondent: Failure to appear, some driving stuff, possession of a controlled substance. I was trying to self medicate my narcolepsy.

Attorney: What drug was the possession of a controlled substance for?

Respondent: Meth.

Attorney: Let me clarify this. Your testimony is that you were self medicating your sleeping disorder with Methamphetamine? Is that what your testimony is?

4 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

i read this aloud to my friends.
we laughed.
thank you.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it seems so logical...

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, reading through the evolution of your blog, to now recounting your court tales. I don't litigate, so I don't have any great "overheard in open court" quotes like this ~ but a good friend is an appellate attorney in Chicago and she sent me this, from a transcript:

"Your Honor, I'd like the record to reflect that the witness on the
witness stand just mouthed silently to my client what appeared to be 'fuck you'."

Keep up the great work ~ !

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Poverty Dieter said...

People are wacky. I think you and I share the same sense of humor! Check out my recent blog entry. http://thepovertydiet.wordpress.com/.

People in my town (Denton, TX) are funny!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home