Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm a bit of a Kurt Russell fan. I was over at WFMU's Beware of the Blog when I found this post comparing Patrick Swayze to Kurt Russell. I had never thought about it before but I guess Patrick Swayze is the Duane Eddie to Kurt Russell's Link Ray. The analogy is clear and I think the outcome is clear too. Link Wray kicks Duane Eddie's ass.

I will give them the point that Swayze was pretty awesome in Donnie Darko.

My only complaint is that the analysis of Big Trouble In Little China was lacking. Jack Burton is probably one of the greatest action heroes of all time. What was Swayze's name in Point Break or Roadhouse? I didn't even bother to see the other one.

So anyway, from someone who watched Sky High and enjoyed it, Russell is way better.
Checkout the Krautrock tribute to Kurt at the end of the post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home