Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ode To Joy

I just found out that one of my favorite bands is releasing a record in September. You can download a track by the Deadly Snakes over at Said the Gramophone. It's a lot poppier than anything else I've heard by them, but it still has that rythmocentric sound. The horns are a lot happier and cleaner on this track too.
I was at the record store today, my intention was to walk past the record store but I saw that Holly Golightly had a new record out. I rushed in and bought it. I learned a lesson. The record was called "My First Holly Golightly Record" and it turned out to be a greatest hits. Because I've been in deepest truest love with Miss Golightly for about 7 years I already have all these songs. I didn't realize this until I walked out of the record store. I guess I'm not going to complain. I learned a little bit about what she thinks her best songs and albums are. If you are unfamiliar with her work it is a great introduction. Next time I'll read the track list.
While I was at the record store, a clerk, who was eating lunch, came over to help me. I think she smiled a little at me. I was excited. I thought this might be an indication that she might kind of dig me. Now this raises a little bit of a conundrum. The clerk in question is beautiful. She works at a record store so I know she is interested in music. I could see myself getting along with her well. She's almost like my significant barista.
The problem lies in that she works at my record store. She is my pusher. Would she abuse her power to make me do her bidding? B/c if they had an original Rose Tattoo LP I would do her bidding. If things didn't work out would it make the record store uncomfortable? The record store is my place of solace. It's right up their with the coffee shop. I don't want anything to screw that up. Darned beautiful record store clerks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rad! You used my suggestion! "Significant barista" it is. Right on.

http://pochoabogado.blogspot.com/2005/07/my-mom.html#comments

Zack

3:30 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

It's good to have a "significant" barista at your favorite coffee shop- I do, and he's married! (so am I)
It's wonderful going into a shop where the person working there "knows" you...your name, a little info on your family as well as their's, what your "tastes" are; AND they call you by name! : )
By the way, I look forward to your writings!
Take Care

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home