Friday, May 06, 2005

7th Circizzle!

My friend Ms. M sent this to me today. She's taking her last final right now and I'm pretty dang envious. I am still trying to scale the Biz Ass wall. Corporations are stupid.
Anyway in U.S. v. Murphy, which you can find here, the first footnote says
The trial transcript quotes Ms. Hayden as saying Murphy called
her a snitch bitch “hoe.” A “hoe,” of course, is a tool used for
weeding and gardening. We think the court reporter, unfamiliar
with rap music (perhaps thankfully so), misunderstood Hayden’s
response. We have taken the liberty of changing “hoe” to “ho,” a
staple of rap music vernacular as, for example, when Ludacris
raps “You doin’ ho activities with ho tendencies.”


My chest no longer feels like it has a vicious carpet burn, but the itching is starting. That means the scabbing has started! Body modification is awesome.

I spent most of yesterday hooked up to computer doing online biz ass lessons. I think it's starting to stick. I should have studied to take Biz Ass first and done Crim and Evidence last. Those classes make sense. I tell you I will never be a transactions attorney. Unless there's a defendant, and that defendant can come sit down in court next to me, I don't get it. After Secured Trans I'm not taking anymore Corp type classes. Employment law, criminal defense, and torts for me. I want to sue entities and protect people, not the other way around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home