Saturday, March 31, 2007

I lost a hearing. I consider it a loss because I didn't get everything I want. I got about half of what I asked for. I felt I had the statutory law on my side. It wasn't until I had the chance to drive home about 4 hours later that I realized that although the law may have been on my side I probably wasn't asking for something very fair. The judge did what was fair when the law was unclear.
It's interesting how my mindset will get so one sided. When I told my roommate he didn't understand what my position was. I explained it and he wondered why I thought my position was reasonable. He asked why I thought my client deserved it.
I got to keep my head clear of that kind of client support because it can blind me to the other sides argument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home