Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Random stuff

I bought some Vietnamese fish sauce last week. I wanted it for some noodle dishes I'm trying to make. It warns against refrigeration. It says specifically not to. I've heard of foods that recommend you keep them in a cool dry place, but never anything that said "Do Not Refrigerate". That's kind of spooky.

Next, Disney is preventing Miramax from distributing Michael Moore's new movie. I'm not the guys biggest fan, but this is troubling. After CBS dropped the Move On add during the superbowl it becomes even more so. There was an article somewhere about Fox airing only pro Bush editorials too. It's not suprising, but generally the media's self censorship isn't so glaringly flagrant. I'm also not too huge on Noam Chomsky, occasionally he has a decent point if he doesn't draw some huge conspiracy theory from it, but he seems to be more right everyday. The NY Times article is a little more indepth than the Post's.


I had my torts exam yesterday. Prof. Torts has two classes, with probably 115 students total. The exam was huge, probably the average answer was between 10-15 pages. I wonder why the hell you would want to read that many exams that were that long. That's his business, I just wish I had more time.


There's an article from the Cato Institute on Padilla. The best part of it is that it doesn't have an alarmist left wing tone. It's useful if you want to discuss the Padilla problem with a conservative because it points out that any power Bush creates for himself, he creates for every President. So they may like Bush, but what if Kerry gets elected? Would they feel safe having him exercise the same unchecked powers Bush is claiming.


Last I hope to get off the ball ("off the ball" is correct in this instance because any blogging I do about music is an attempt to avoid outlining) and post about some music, that's why I started the blog in the first freaking place. Since I have a crim pro outline to write and the test isn't until Friday there's a good chance I'll get those posts out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home