Thursday, April 29, 2004

Civ Pro

So far today I've written my Civ Pro Outline and I've done a couple hundred pages of the E&E, Glannon is my hero, read a bunch of the FRCP, and bunch of the U.S. code. I'm starting to think my study strategy wasn't so good this semester. I'm sick of Erie, haven't done Byrd, Hanna, JMOL, JNOV, or 7th amendment stuff yet. My civ pro final is at 8AM tomorrow.
I have reached a state of mental clarity, it's kind of an "out of procedure" experience. I have had an epiphany and my conclusion is that Erie sucks. Not because it's confusing, but because it just sucks. It's an area of the law that's sufficiently vague to let Civ Pro Profs go nuts when they're writing hypos. They can have twenty people in some hellish diversity love triangle thing. Is it substantive? Is it procedural? RDA or REA? The poor exam taker who put off studying until the last minute is stuck in Erie limbo, which is basically like stepping in a cow pie. When Civ Pro Profs start getting excited about hypos regular people like you or me, or at least 1Ls, start to suffer.
Anyway, I've still got a bunch to do, and only 10 hours until my final. I've got a practice test to take and then I'm going to condense my outline one more time, and I still have about 100 pages of Glannon to read. I love that man.
If you know any interesting websites with basic flash games, please feel free to email them to me, it won't distract me, oh no. I'll just take a quick break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home