Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Moleskin

I needed a pocket calendar/notebook. I'm really bad at remembering things so I write it down. Anyway I've been looking around for a notebook and I saw moleskins. I thought they looked perfect for what I wanted, but they were way overpriced. The whole pitch of "Van Gogh, Matisse, Hemingway used these very notebooks to create art, and so can your privileged suburban ass" secretly appealed to me. I'm so bourgeois. I joked around about them with some of my friends, but I broke down. I bought one. I'm a consumer whore and I suck. Anyway I found a blog all about moleskins. It's about the work people do in them, and etc, etc.
I'm sure it was all done voluntarily, without any prompting from the Corp that makes them. There was just this huge upswelling of consumer joy and one of the happy customers decided to make a blog all about moleskins.. Fantastic pieces of art, wonderful photos in exotic locals, and shiat poetry are all contributed because that's exactly the kind of stuff people with moleskins. do.
So I apologize to all my fine readers, basically my old lady and who ever else stumbled onto this, for being a consumer whore and a moleskin. lover, even though I only just got mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home